Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thaddeus Tan 3E3 

My impression of South Korea has changed quite a lot over the past few days in terms of their cleanliness of their surroundings. This is because I remembered the last time I was here in South Korea it was not as clean as now,  a lot has changed ever since. One example was when I was at the airport at McDonald for breakfast people cleared their trash after consuming their food systematically. This shows that the government had well-educated the public on managing its cleanliness of the surrounding.
 In my opinion I would like to share two similarities and two differences between Singapore and South Korea. The similarities are that both countries are very typical about cleanliness of their society and would bring measures to ensure cleanliness. Secondly, they are also very environmentally friendly as they would use means to try and help save the Earth to make it into a better place. The differences are that South Korea experiences different climates throughout the year while Singapore only experiences one which makes it really warm due to difference in temperatures. Secondly, Singapore has a multi-ethnic society which consists of the Chinese, Malays, Indians, Eurasians and many more whereas, South Korea only has one race which is the Koreans themselves.
After the trip to South Korea I would like to share with everyone three of my most memorable experiences. The first one was my trip to the Safety Theme Park in Daegu where I was taught on different measures use when encountering with a disaster or in times of an emergency. This experience has taught me to stay vigilant of my surrounding as anything could happen and I should learn how to manage the situation. Next is my visit to POSCO steel manufacturing company which is a third largest steel manufacturing company. Over there I was brought around to see the manufacturing process of steel with detailed explanation which makes it very interesting as it seems that steel occurs everywhere in our daily lives. It was a really good experience as I was showed on how Steel was originally developed and what measures the company took to prevent lesser harmful emissions to the atmosphere. Lastly was my visit to POSCO high school where I made two really good and interesting friends who I think I would not forget. Although the period of interaction was short the time spent together was very memorable for both parties. It was the best experience i had throughout the whole South Korea trip and I would cherish the friendship that I made with my two Korean friends.
After the whole South Korea experiential learning I have learnt three things with regards to me and my life as a student. I have learnt that, I should learn to accept myself for who I am, learning how to resolve conflict between your enemies despite the hatred for each other and also develop mutual respect for one another despite of the race or religion. Being a student, I realized that I am very fortunate to be able to study in a fun and entertaining environment which makes learning really interesting. I have also learnt that I am able to communicate properly and respectfully to my teachers. Lastly, I learnt that in school  I am able to have my choice of foods that I want due to the different race and religions which provides me with a wider choice of food to purchase.
All in all, I am really grateful that I am given this opportunity to go for this South Korea experiential learning trip which has broaden my knowledge by a lot more.


POSCO High School
Daegu Safety Theme Park










No comments:

Post a Comment