Friday, November 5, 2010

Reflection :D

  My impression of Korea has changed after spending a week in Korea. When I was walking around the stores, I saw a lot of recycle bins there. This helps to sort out the different materials such as plastics, papers, etc. With this, it helps to save the earth by recycling items. I think the government has put in a lot of effort to make this possible.
  Both Singapore and Korea are facing ageing population, as such governments of Singapore and Korea are trying ways to solve the problem. Example, Senior Citizen Experience center was built in Korea to provide special needs for the elderly to improve their life. Government in Singapore made the nation to get involved in sports in order to have a healthy lifestyle. In terms of education, both Singapore and Korean governments have invested a lot of money to educate their students well in their country. Thus both Singaporeans and Koreans have to study very hard in order get into good schools.
  Korea experience the four different seasons like summer, spring, autumn and winter. However, Singapore only experience one season which is summer.
  After these few days in Korea, one of the most memorable experience I had was being able to interact with my Korean friend, Koh Joo Yeon. She is really friendly and willing to share with me their culture and her life in POSCO High School. She is someone whom I am comfortable to speak with thus; I enjoyed myself a lot when I was with her. Besides that, I think they have put up a great performance for us.   Another memorable experience would be the Daegu safety theme park; over there I have learnt some of the safety precautions when I faced with ‘earthquakes’ and ‘fire’. Through this, I have learnt that how I should react whenever I am faced with natural disaster. As such many lives can be saved. At Samsung D’light, I was really amazed by the advance in technology in Korea. As compared to Singapore, Korea technology is way better than Singapore.
  Through this Korea trip I have learnt to appreciate what I have right now. I should be grateful to have my love ones around me. Unlike some people in Korea who lost their loved ones in natural disasters. From now on, I will try to stop complaining the amount of work load given by our teachers and the long school hours. Look at the students in Korea; they have to study until 12pm almost every day and read up to 60 books a year! I should consider myself fortunate.
  All in all, I will always remember the times I had in South Korea and cherish the friendship formed. Thanks to everyone who have been to Korea, which had made this trip an enjoyable one! :D

TRICIA THAM :D

No comments:

Post a Comment