Friday, November 5, 2010

Reflection On My South Korea Experiential Learning.


My impression of South Korea was that they were all friendly and environmentally friendly at first but after visiting the country, my impression have changed. My impression of South Korea now is that not every Koreans is friendly and environmentally friendly but there were still a hand full of them who are. This is because in certain areas there were Koreans pushing their ways around while in other areas, the Korean were very friendly and nice. There were also some areas with drains and dustbins full of rubbish around it.

There were 2 similarities and differences between South Korea and Singapore that I can list out but there are still more. One of the similarities is that there were many Koreans shopping in all areas just like Singapore. The another similarities is that you can rarely see rubbish being littered in South Korea just like in Singapore. Everyone would carry their litters with them until they find a dustbin. The one of differences between South Korea and Singapore is that in South Korea, you can still see areas with a wide spread of trees and plants in quite a few areas while in Singapore, you cannot get to see as many natural areas as in South Korea. Another differences between South Korea and Singapore is that they have different ways of dividing their rubbish into groups. For example, the Mc Donald in South Korea, the foods and drinks are carefully divided into groups. This is hardly seen in Singapore as the litters are not properly divided.

I have 3 most memorable experiences. One of the memorable experiences is that the study of the students in POSCO High School. This is because i was told that they have to study from morning to at least 11+PM which was 10+PM in Singapore time. Another memorable experience I have is that they have a Deagu Safety Theme Park. It is not a playground like any other them parks, instead, it is an area which help Korean of all ages to learn how to react when there are any accident happens, such as earthquake. The last memorable experience I have is at the Seoul Tower. It was the first time a have been there and the view from the tower is very nice.

I learnt that I am very fortunate to live and study in Singapore as the study time in Singapore is so much shorter than the time studied in Korea. The another thing I've learnt is that there is a very wide range of foods that i can choose from in Singapore rather than Korea. I also feel that I am very lucky that I did not have to experience any disaster like in South Korea, such as the out break of fire in the subway train.

 by: Geraldine Toh, 3e3 

No comments:

Post a Comment