Friday, November 5, 2010

My impression of korea has change since I reached there. Initially, I thought that Koreans were rude and arrogant, but since I arrive at Korea, I discovered that they extremely friendly and humble.This is especially so for POSCO students. They would communicate with us patiently despite needing to response and several times. This truly allows me to change my initial impression.


During the 7 days stay at South Korea, I found out some similarities and differences between Singapore and South Korea. A similarity would be the solutions to overcome the ageing population problem. Korea introduces ideas such as the specially made utensils. On the other hand, Singapore uses approaches like promotine healthy lifestyle.Both countries are trying their best to solve the ageing population problems and this to me , is one of the similarities. On top of that, another similarity is that both countries sells samsung products and these products are popular in the two countries.Korea uses SAMSUNG to "communicate" with their buyers while Singapore promotes SAMSUNG products regularly to the buyers.Thus, we can conclude that both countries have similar brand. In comparison, the difference between the countries is the concept of safety theme park. This is set up to raise awareness of safety and I believed that Singapore do not really have it, but can invest on it.Another difference is that Korea school give special priviledges to their students. They would be able to get their own special corner in school and thus, able to have a peace corner for them to study, relax and chill out. It is really joyous to hear that such priviledges are given to the students and I think that Singapore can adopt similar concepts.


My most memorable experience would be the visit to the safety theme park. I was able to handle and experience "earthquakes" and other "natural disasters" and it allowed me to understand the evacuation process. I would definitely be able to save myself and other people in times of it happening. Another memorable experience is the student exchange programme at POSCO high school. From the programme, I understand the importance of communication. Initially, it was difficult to communicate with the students. however we persevere and were able to communicate with little english and korea.The last memorable experience is the senior citizen convention centre. It seems like a time machine whereby I am able to experience how it feels like to be an elderly. It was also a time for me to prepare and reflect upon ageing population. Through this visit, I also get to know how modern and high technology Korea is.



From this trip, I have learnt to be an open-minded student. I should think out of the box to innovate and enterprise new things. Though it may not be an easy task, I still continue to and do my very best to acheive in being an open-minded student. Also, I have learnt that I am very fortunate to be studying under the Singapore education system, whereby classes and lessons will end by 4 pm. I am sure that I would not be able to cope with the hetic lifestyle, and will lead an unhappy teenage life. Lastly, I have learn to explore new things. I believe that going through the world is the only chance where I can learn and experice new stuffs that are beyond the textbooks. With the courage and readiness to step out our comfort zone, we will truly then be able the big world


- Ming Tong 3e1

No comments:

Post a Comment