Thursday, November 4, 2010

Amzar 3e3

MUHAMMAD AMZAR (3e3)



Daegu Safety Theme Park
My impression of south korea has very much envolved for the past few days
in terms of their cleanliness. I used to think that Singapore is one of the cleanest country
among all the asian countries but i guess i was wrong. Korea is very clean and as a matter in fact,
it is much more cleaner than the majority singapore places. For example, the toilet is very clean
and does not smell like any common public toilets.I think that the government had put in alot of effort
to make this possible.

In my opinion, i think that Singapore and South korea has some similarities. For example, both countries
is trying their best to save the earth. In south korea, i observed quite a number of recycling bins everywhere
and this would in turn encourage their citizens to recycle more. On the other hand, Singapore is also educating Singaporean
to save the earth through schools and campaigns. For example, students as young as 7 years old (primary school)
are taught to turn off all unused electrical appliances so as to reduce wastage of electricity.

Not only that, Singapore and south Korea are also suffering from aging population.Despite the difference in population,
the ration of the elderly in south korea and singapore does not actually differ much. There is a ration of 1 : 10.36 in korea
and a ration of 1 : 10.73 in sinagpore. Althought the number of elderly is slightly higher in Singapore than the number of elderly
 in korea, the percentage of elderly amitted into Old Folks' Home in Korea is higher than it is in singapore. This could be due to the
 difference in the retirement age in both countries. South Korea has a retirement age of 58 while the retirement age in Singapore is 62.


Posco High School
2002 World Cup Stadium
However, South Korea and Singapore has some differences too. Singapore is a multi ethnic country and therefore it has more than just one race.
This is very different from korea. For example, Singapore has many races such as Malay, Chinese, Indian, etc while South Korea has just one race only.
Not only that, Singapore has only 1 season but South Korea experience all the four season. Therefore, they are both very different.

Three of the most memorable experiences in korea would be visting Posco High School, Daegu safety theme park and 2002 World Cup stadium.
I chose posco high school as one of the most memorable experience because, i got to make many new friends there. One of them is Kim Ki Hyeon. He is my partner
and he is super friendly and hilarious. I am very surprised because his characteristic is very much different from what i judged him to be when i first
saw him. I used to think that he is a bookworm and that he really enjoys studying. He proved me wrong. His mindset was just like mine and that really
gave me a shock. He is rather childish and straight-forward. I am really glad that i got to meet him and visit the school.
Daegu safety theme park was really awesome. It is very interesting and unique as there isn't any place like this in Singapore. We've learnt how to be more aware
of the things around us. There is alot of stimulation activity being done at the theme park. For example, we are taught on how to escape from a subway (underground mrt)
fire, earthquare and also protect the mountain.
Lastly, i chose the 2002 world cup stadium as one of my most memorable experience because, i actually get to enter asians best soccer team training ground. The place
is very big and i like the changing room best. It is very clean and i am especially very happy to be able to enter the actual changing room of the soccer players.

At the end of this korea trip, i've learnt 3 very important things about myself and my life as a student. I've learnt to be more independent as there isn't any halal food available over
 there. I had to bring and make my own food for 7 days and it taught me to be more greatful to be living in Singapore as there is wide choice of halal food for me to choose from.
I've also learnt that i can communicate well with the people that i don't really know. For example, some of us are from different classes and this trip had given me the opportunity to
bond and interact with the people/students that i never knew. Lastly, i've learnt that i have good friends. They really helped me alot during these few days and i really treasure our friendship.
I would especially give a big thank you to THADDEUS, BRANDON and JOEL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment