Sunday, November 7, 2010

Reflection on S.Korea Experiential Learning .

- How has my impression of S.Korea changed in the last few days ?

My impression of S.Korea actually changed for the better after the trip. Before the trip , I was absolutely clueless about Korea. Initially , I thought that Korea was actually a not-so-good country. However , before we flew off to Korea , we had a few pre-trip assignment that more or less taught me about Korea's culture, language, manners etc. Through this , I've actually found out and learnt more about Korea. But , my impression of S.Korea still remained neutral.


Over the last few days , during the trip , I've learnt more about Korea and their way of life. I've experienced many different things and gained much knowledge. I was also impressed with Korea's clean and green environment. This actually impressed my greatly that changed my impression of Korea. Not only that, the Koreans are also very nice, well-mannered and friendly.


Thus, my impression of S.Korea actually changed for the better ;D


- In your opinion , what are 2 similarities and differences between Singapore and S.Korea ?


Lets talk about similarities first .


The first similarity that I've found between Singapore and S.Korea is that the environment in both country actually pretty clean. We can see that in both country , there are actually not much litter found on the ground. The air that we breathe is also quite clean.
The second similarity is that both Singapore and S.Korea are currently facing ageing population. Ageing population are increasing in the both countries and the government are trying their best to come up with solutions to solve this problem.


Next is the differences.


The first difference I find is the Singapore have very little and limited land space , which actually hinders Singapore's development , whereas S.Korea have a huge land space. Not only that , they have a lot of mountains.
The second difference is that , I've noticed that some of S.Korea's road does not have road/street lamps. However in Singapore , we'll see bright lights shining above us wherever we go.


- List and explain 3 of my most memorable experiences.


The first is POSCO High School.This is because it is the first time that I've interacted with a Korean friend so much . Not only that , we've talked a lot and have exchanged several ideas and questions with each other. I've also learnt many things from her , for example , appreciating Singapore's education system , because it is much tougher and stressful in Korea schools.
The second one is the Digital Pavilion that I've visited. The reason is because I've seen many latest technology that I've never seen , heard or used before. It is a new, interesting and and eye-opening experience for me. The newest technology that I've tried out over that honestly awed me , making it one of my most memorable experiences.
The third one is the Seoul Tower. The main reason is actually because I could see the whole of S.Korea up in the tower , which impressed me. The beautiful scenery made it memorable for me ;D


- List and explain 3 things I've learnt about myself and my life as a student.


Things that I've learnt about myself -


Firstly, I've learnt that I can actually be independent as I've to take care of myself during the trip without my parents. Also , taking the initiative to do certain things by myself.
Secondly , I've learnt to be more responsible because I've to take charge of myself. Not only that , I've to be responsible and think of others , and put them before me.
Thirdly , I've learnt that I can actually be environmental friendly if I just make the right choice and do what I should do.


My life as a student -


Firstly, I should appreciate the education system we received in Singapore . I should appreciate it because the workload and stress given to us is way lesser than in Korea , where students have to study all the way till 11.30 , or around that time . Their stress is huge , and rest time is little .
Secondly , I should learn and improve my English , as English is an important subject and language. The Korea government invested money to build and English village for the sake of the Koreans to improve their English and speak English well.


I'm very lucky to be chosen for this trip , and to be able to experience many things that I've never experience before.


Audrina .

No comments:

Post a Comment