Friday, November 5, 2010

Reflection on My South Korea Experiential learning !!

1)       How has your impression of South Korea changed in the last few days?My impressions of South Korea have change dramatically during the stay for the past few days. I thought that Singapore is much cleaner and greener than South Korea as Singapore is well known for their clean and green country. I came to this conclusion when I first try to throw my rubbish inside the MacDonald dustbin. The dustbin is actually a recycling bin and the recycle bin can also be found in the outdoor area. When I walk and shop at the outdoor area, it is hard to find litter on the floor even though sometime the recycle bin is far away. This mean that the Korea people are willing to be patient to find the recycle bin so they can keep their country clean.      


2)       In your opinion, what are some similarities between Singapore and South Korea?
Singapore and South Korea are similar as both countries are learning English as both countries know that English is important when they visit other country to communicate with them. An example for the South Korea is that the government have ford out money to build the English Village. The objective of the English Village is to provide the public with opportunities to put everyday English into practice and improve their language skills. As for Singapore, the student studying in Singapore has to learn English as their first language which is compulsory for everyone. Another similar for both countries is that both countries are well prepared against threat such as terrorism and disaster. In Singapore, when we are inside the MRT station, there will be a short clip on how to prevent terrorist attack and show how to evacuate when disaster occur.  As for the South Korea, they have built up a “Daegu Safety Theme Park”, whereas we can learn how to take safety measure when disaster occurs.


3)       List and explain three of your most memorable experiences.
One of my most memorable experiences is visiting POSCO high school. Even thought I have about 3hr of time to interact with my partner, Kim Hong Gil , I enjoy talking with him. The students are friendly and heart-warming. My partner and his other friend teach us to play a simple Korea game call the ‘007 Bang’. This game can gain a lot of friendship among each other, and thus I enjoy playing with them. Another of my most memorable experiences is visiting the Daegu Safety Theme Park. I find that the theme park is useful in teaching us in evacuating when threat occur. The tour guides that leads my group teach and explain to us clearly in evacuate the train when threat happen. I enjoy myself from the start to the end when I went in the Daegu Safety Theme Park. Lastly, visiting 2002 World Cup Stadium is also one of my most memorable experiences. As I love to play football and I am a huge fan of soccer, I feel honor to be able to step in the South Korea World Cup Stadium Museum to learn about the success of the South Korea soccer team.  Knowing the successful story of South Korea soccer, I hope that the Singapore soccer team will also be successful, and get to play for the Fifa World Cup in the future.


4)       List and explain three things you have learnt about yourself and your life as a student.
The first things I learn are that we have to respect every different culture ad rules regardless of different race. As a student, we should not fight for right or wrong but have to try to understand the difficulties of other pupils and try to resolve it together. Secondly, I learn that we should spent more time with our family as I learn the Korea student do not have the time to spent with their family as they have to study for almost 14hours per day and only could spent time with their family on Sunday. Lastly, I learn that we should appreciate the country that we have now, as we do not have to suffer threat or natural disaster in our country due to the help of our high security.

Lastly, I want to thank Seng Kang Secondary School for giving me a chance to went for a oversea learning trips with my new friend that I have make during the trips

P.s : For some reason, i cant post picture on the blog.
Name: Brandon Chan
Class : 3n7

No comments:

Post a Comment